The Gypsy Rose Market loves to see customers and vendors having responsible fun at our markets, but there are rules to follow about the sale, promotion and distribution of alcoholic beverages and related information.
- The Gypsy Rose Market and its vendors do not sell, promote or distribute alcoholic beverages and related information. The reasons for this are many. The main ones are below for clarification.
Reason #1: Market Needs Permits
- The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) strictly enforces the sale, promotion and distribution of alcoholic beverages and related information. Here’s their website: www.tabc.state.tx.us
- In order to allow any sale, promotion or distribution of alcoholic beverages and related information, we would have to apply for those permits, be regulated by TABC and more strongly overseen by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and increase market costs. This beats the sole purpose of The Gypsy Rose Market. We have no intentions of becoming apart of the alcoholic beverage industry.
Reason #2: Additional Venue Costs
- We started with the intent of providing local & small businesses, artisans, artists and alike with better options to sell their products and work than what is regularly available, and at a more affordable cost.
- If The Gypsy Rose Market and/or its vendors begin to allow alcoholic beverages, we then are required to pay additional venue deposits and paid security in the form of extra duty police officers at each market where alcoholic beverages are available. These two additional requirements will increase market costs as well.
Reason #3: Venues May Already Have Alcohol Permits
- Some of the venues we hold markets at may already hold permits by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. So because of this, no one other than the establishment with the permit can sell, promote or distribute alcoholic beverages and related information.
- These venues are responsible for their sales, promotion and distribution of alcoholic beverages and related information, not The Gypsy Rose Market.